BPIT seeks to achieve its mission by:
- Facilitating a process where industry peers work together on non-competitive challenges and opportunities
- Creating a collaboration climate that stimulates and supports industry innovation and implementation
- Providing a strategic lead which anticipates and influences future trends
- Connecting strategies and regulatory requirements to business outcomes
Moreover, through understanding the evolving business and industry landscape, and the manufacturing and supply chain challenges, BPIT engages proactively in the wider ecosystem to:
- Influence IT suppliers to respond to future-focused business needs and challenges — and to reflect these in their technology development, product roadmaps and capabilities.
- Identify disruptive trends and technologies and assess the impact, opportunities and timescales specific to the MfgSC domain and IT capabilities.
- Understand the future IT supplier/vendor/services landscape – relevant to MfgSC — and to ensure timely visibility of trends: new entrants, existing vendor ability-to-innovate, value-adding services and providers.
- Participate in the evolving ecosystem to explore collaboration opportunities and potential for co-development to achieve industry-wide benefits.
- Encourage cross-fertilization of innovative ideas from other industries.
- The BPIT collaboration provides IT leaders and SMEs with the opportunity to share best practices and to collaboratively evolve perspectives in strategic focus areas. The collaboration also provides a platform for the members to interact with key stakeholders in the wider ecosystem.
- Sharing practices and gaining insights for internal benchmarking in prioritised capabilities
- Setting direction for digital transformation in manufacturing and supply chain to inform IT roadmaps and transformation initiatives
- Preparing for shifts in talent strategy and development
- Understanding and influencing the supplier base.
Biopharma manufacturers with internal IT business partner and delivery teams: IT VPs, team leaders and subject-matter experts.