Want to change the future? So do we.
BioPhorum is the biopharmaceutical industry’s trusted environment where members tackle industry challenges, driving innovation to influence the future.
Industry leaders and subject matter experts share knowledge and best practices, utilizing BioPhorum tools and facilitation to overcome issues, improve efficiencies, and benefit from cost reductions.
Why my company needs to be a member of BioPhorum
Industry leading facilitation of each workstream
- Influence through relationships with external partners, standards bodies, regulatory agencies
- Pooled effort on pre-competitive potential solutions, leveraging academia and Regional Development Agencies
- Typical workstream ROI delivers between $500k and $5m quoted benefits
Adoption and implementation tools
- Early access to ground-breaking information and experience
- Support for regulatory audits, learnings and problem solving from the community.
- Learning and expanding your and your team’s knowledge.
- As a member, you’ll have access to iMeet/BioPhorum Hub – a member-only collaboration platform with a searchable database of over 11,000 documents including best practice papers, detailed benchmarking surveys and event reports.
- Our AskBioPhorum member-only online tool allows you to post questions to 7,000 peers and get answers to your questions in real time.
Company-to-company collaboration, all about you and how you engage
- Opportunity to collaborate with Senior Executives and Subject Matter Experts from Biomanufacturing Industry, as well as networking with biotech companies, CDMOs and suppliers
- Opportunity to change the risk-reward profile of new technology development
- Opportunity to benefit from enabling faster adoption of new technologies e.g., by working to identify opportunities to rapid prototype new technologies
- Providing an understanding of the direction of the industry and identifying future challenges.
Introducing The Hub – making collaboration easy
BioPhorum is delighted to announce that it will soon be rolling out its new collaboration platform, designed to make it easier for members to access the full range of facilitator-curated deliverables from across the workstreams that are included in their membership. Watch this short animation to understand how it will do this, in addition to supporting greater collaboration across BioPhorum.
now incorporates a risk-based approach for microbial control data integrity based on a BioPhorum assessment.
"With this risk assessment, I’m confident going into inspections, and it really strengthens the acceptability of this approach with regulatory audits"
Michael Knight, Genentech (Roche)
in inventory holding, thanks to reduced post approval lead times for ANVISA led by BioPhorum. Members companies were able to re-enter the Brazilian market, gaining an extra $10-$20m based on a mid-size company.
in reduced facility costs to achieve a viable investment proposal, enabled by the reassurance and implementation of BioPhorum’s closed systems best practice.
have adopted the risk-based environmental monitoring approach.
"has helped us improve our EM sample site selection based on risk and a documented rationale, resulting in just the right amount of sampling at the right locations"
Christian Pruckner, Takeda
in defining organization technology strategies, reduced costs of technology development, and reduced risk of introducing new methodologies to agencies –all due to BioPhorum member collaboration.
have used the Pre-Use Post Sterilization Integrity Testing BioPhorum recommendation to refresh their sterile filtration QRM strategy.
and significant cost efficiencies through 22+ improvement projects have been noted by one BioPhorum member using our maturity assessment toolkit across its sites.
has been facilitated by BioPhorum through developing and introducing cross-industry insight, such as BLA application, SSMQ strategy deployment, CSTD guidance and viral clearance risk reduction.
developed by BioPhorum, has been used extensively to inform assessment strategy across company sites.
What do our members think?
Industry engagement…we can’t do this alone. And what I really love about BioPhorum is that it is bringing both customers and vendors like myself to the same table where we can roll up our sleeves and get to work on this….When is biohazard truly biohazardous and when is contamination not dangerous? I really, really value the again the BioPhorum platform to allow these conversations.
Adopting new ways of doing things is difficult and many prefer to stay with what is known if it is working. However, making sure we try to change this mindset toward implementing better practices for patient benefit, and collaborating in BioPhorum, are two of the biggest benefits in terms of technology adoption.
VP, Head of Biologics Technology Innovation Strategy, Biomanufacturer
Our company receives value by aligning with the rest of industry on what the current challenges are and what the long-term technological solutions are to meet those needs. Using the long-term Technology Roadmap, a stepwise approach can be taken to move toward that goal.
Director of Manufacturing Sciences and Technology Biotech, Tech Transfer, Biomanufacturer
One of the advantages of being part of BioPhorum is that we can really align with industry practices and understand what best practices are.
By interacting with other companies and regulatory agencies we can help shape the creation of industry standards and create an industry consensus