BPIT’s mission is to accelerate the delivery of information technology-impacted business goals and to help unlock the value of the pharmaceutical industry’s IT opportunities. Established in 2016, BPIT has adopted strategic positions on digital transformation in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, introduced new guidance and tools to drive efficiencies in compliance and quality management, and is actively addressing the challenges of cyber security that threaten the continuity of our operations.
BPIT does this by:
- facilitating a process where industry peers work together on non-competitive challenges and opportunities
- creating a collaboration climate that stimulates and supports industry innovation and implementation
- providing a strategic lead which anticipates and influences future trends
- connecting strategies and regulatory requirements to business outcomes
- influencing suppliers to respond to future- focused business needs and challenges and to reflect these in their technology development, product roadmaps and capabilities.
external publications and presentations
- strategic positions on digital transformation in biopharma manufacturing
- new guidance and tools to drive efficiencies in compliance and quality management
- developing and implementing digital plant maturity model, now being used by 80% of BPIT members
- beginning to address the challenges of cyber security that threaten the continuity of operations.
- QC Lab of the Future
- IT for Cell and Gene Therapy
- Sponsor / CMO Data Standards
- Smart Maintenance
- Predictive analytics