- Enhanced robustness and resilience of supply chain performance
- Accelerated capability and capacity to effect technology adoption
- Reduced cost of Quality
- Industry-wide alignment on operational implementation
Recent examples of Phorum success:
Members in the single-use systems community have delivered a pilot of the Rx-360 Joint Audit Program, demonstrating the utility, and enabling them to confidently use this approach across the industry. This has resulted in significant time and cost savings for all involved.
Best Practice Guidance has been published on how to adopt a Risk Management approach, how to reduce supply and compliance through Supply Chain Mapping and how to improve Forecasting & Demand Planning to assist in reducing inventory and supply shortages; all are applicable to both suppliers and biomanufacturers.
Most recently, and in response to member demand, work has commenced on ‘Electronic Data Exchange and Digitization of the In-Bound Supply Chain’ and ‘Alternatives to Gamma Sterilization’. The Phorum also leads on activities around surety of supply.
SPP members also participate in relevant workstreams in the Drug Substance (DS) Phorum:
SP and DS members in unison form the Joint Leadership Teams responsible for Single-Use Systems and Raw Materials and collectively influence the ambition and goals of the Programs along with actively contributing to the governance, overall direction and vision.
Workstreams and a further 6 in Drug Substance
Face-to-face and virtual meetings
external publications and presentations
- Aggregated Biopharma Capacity Analysis
- Forecast and Demand Planning
- Joint Audit Program
- Risk and Business Continuity Management
- Supply Chain Mapping
- EDE / Digitization of the In-Bound Supply Chain
- Alternatives to Gamma Sterilization
SP Members also actively participate in DS workstreams:
Single-Use Joint Leadership Team
- Disposables – Lead Times
- Disposables – Supplier Reliability
- Disposables – Design Harmonization
Raw Material Joint Leadership team
- Raw Materials – Media and Analytics
- Raw Materials – Standards and Analytics