BioPhorum Drug Substance Closed Systems in Controlled Non-Classified Workstream has recently published its room...
Technology Roadmapping (TR) is a collaborative technology management process that accelerates innovation and development of the manufacturing processes of the future.
Here biomanufacturers, supply partners, engineering partners and regional innovation hubs build and communicate the roadmap strategy. In priority areas, they enable progress through identifying technology targets and modelling solutions, for example current work includes proving through concept demonstrators and business case modelling, plug and play hardware, smaller buffer preparation footprints and driving the move for more standard facility design to accelerate capacity builds.
The Technology Roadmapping phorum has a ‘twin’ mission:
- To create a ‘voice of the industry’ consensus that will define a technology strategy to address industry issues, influence regulators and enhance the quality of life for patients
- To lead innovative, collaborative teams that accelerate the creation and adoption of new technologies to solve business and process challenges
face-to-face and virtual meetings in 2020
external publications and presentations
- Steering Committee
Consensus strategy workstreams:
- Digital Technologies
- Key Performance Indicators for industry technology strategy
Technology development workstreams
- Buffer Preparation
- Rapid detection of adventitious virus and mycoplasma
- Rapid release testing through inline monitoring
- Plug and Play
- Big Data to Smart Data
- Continuous BioProcessing
- Standard Facility Design
- Best Practice in Adoption of New Technologies