The robotics and automation segment has been integral to the development of BioPhorum’s robotics workstreams. Biomanufacturers recognize the pivotal role they play in the success of BioPhorum Technology Strategy’s future portfolio themes; facility design towards lights out manufacture, and autonomous and advanced process control. As a result, BioPhorum has launched its latest membership, Robotics and Automation Providers (RAP).
Robotics and automation providers already have access to BioPhorum Technology Strategy and are active in the Automated Materials Transfer and Plug and Play workstreams as well as Proof-of-Concept projects. This new membership will also give access to closely aligned workstreams in BioPhorum Fill Finish to enable automation in aseptic environments. These will include:
- Filling operations – gloveless or minimal operation, with automated set up process using robotic arms to manage interventions
- Cleaning – adoption and standardization of part sterilization and assembly by robotic technology
This new membership will allow greater connectivity across these related workstreams. And access to our Phorums will provide many benefits for robotics and automation partners that include:
- Clarity on the priority technology ‘pull’ needs from targeted biomanufacturer operational groups
- Direct experience of the ‘voice of the customer’ representing a significant population of the industry
- Influence the direction and rate of technology standardization and adoption throughout the biomanufacturing value chain
- Strengthen relationships with biomanufacturers in a non-commercial environment
- Give your subject matter experts the opportunity to collaborate with key industry thought leaders.
The benefits for biomanufacturers include:
- Non-commercial opportunities to engage with robotics and automation partners to develop industry-wide alignment on technology needs
- Opportunity to see cutting-edge technology in early phases before coming to market
- Broaden the access to design, process, and practice knowledge from a wide range of industry case studies and experience
- Collaborate alongside practical solutions experts within workstreams to help stimulate discussions and optimize potential capabilities and outcomes.
This wider access for robotics and automation partners and biomanufacturers helps the BioPhorum Technology Strategy meet its aims as we seek to achieve three things:
- Accelerate the biomanufacturing industry’s innovation journey in a synchronized way
- Leverage the power of engagement and align all stakeholders in the biologics ecosystem
- Provide long-term support to sustain and grow industry’s value realization.
With such significant benefits from greater collaboration, we look forward to this enhanced offer providing more value for BioPhorum members. Would you like to be involved?