Upstream proof of concept for an automated perfusion bioreactor demonstrating multiple process analytical technologies.
Rapidly changing market demands and a need for increased productivity
Biomanufacturers are faced with markets that are responding to lower volume products, the need to be faster to clinic, and increased process flexibility to meet rapidly changing market demands. Market needs are creating a strong and lasting demand for more bioreactor output in the same time and space, yet with lower or significantly mitigated risk and without batch deviations.
Current status: highly inefficient and risky manual sampling and manual control operation. Most publications have shown only single control actions e.g. glucose control if using real-time sensors. Recent publications on Raman and Capacitance technologies highlight that many biomanufacturers are only now working towards engaging these technologies for manufacturing.
Improved speed to market
- Reduced product lead-times
- Improved yield and process control
- Reduced WIP inventory and labor interventions
- Changing the workload of on-floor technicians from bioreactor maintenance to compliance enforcement lowering potential batch deviations
- Consistently provide good quality product downstream while preventing potential market shortages of products
- Improved speed to market and technology transfer timelines through increased process knowledge and reduced analytical times
Automated Bioreactor deliverables
More related workstreams
Our workstreams focus on the areas with the greatest impact across the industry. Led by science, our members are problem-solving today’s sustainability issues. By working with the regulatory governance community, they are also creating future-ready outcomes for the industry.
To find out more about how BioPhorum can help your business, enter your details below and a member of our team will be in touch.