Big Data to Smart Data
Developing an industry standard and indexing approach for data sources and an architectural solution.
Data not easily accessible
The data required to improve process performance and make better manufacturing operational decisions exists today but is scattered across multiple systems, in a wide variety of formats and is difficult to assemble into context for evaluation, reporting and decision support. Production/operations/quality management personnel spend the majority of their time gathering and contextualizing data rather than utilizing consolidated data in context for operational improvements.
Develop industry standard
- Affects manufacturing operations, quality, maintenance
- Critical enabler for use of advanced analytics and AI
- Minimum viable Architecture solution for adding machine-readable context to data sources
- Understanding how to add context to primary data sources using ontology
- Gain insight into what approaches and standards might benefit the biomanufacturing industry and what next steps might be needed to address these
- Enabling advanced analytics to work on processes should drive development cycles, manufacturing establishment, and tech transfer cycles down
Direct: reduction in time for batch release and investigations by having contextualized data available.
Indirect: providing contextualized data to other BioPhorum workstreams enabling them to implement solutions quicker with less costs.
More related workstreams
Our workstreams focus on the areas with the greatest impact across the industry. Led by science, our members are problem-solving today’s sustainability issues. By working with the regulatory governance community, they are also creating future-ready outcomes for the industry.
To find out more about how BioPhorum can help your business, enter your details below and a member of our team will be in touch.