Digital Plant Maturity Model 3.0
The DPMM is a structured and straightforward way to assess the digital maturity of your plants and set a target maturity level aligned with your company’s digital strategy. It can be used for internal and external benchmarking, IT roadmap development, influencing software suppliers, transformation planning, investment justification, and dependency mapping.
Technology continues to develop
As technology continues to develop, so must the DPMM maturity levels and capabilities. Aimed at two broad groups:
- Shop floor operations, manufacturing IT and software suppliers
- Senior management/executive level
In DPMM 3.0 we have updated the five-column model (Figure 1), created an Addendum to the original white paper, added new dimensions to the Assessment Tool, and refreshed the Best Practice Guide. This refresh reflects the progress made in technology and new business models and lifts the five levels of digital maturity as more factories adopt Industry 4.0 principles.
Whether a business has many small sites with fewer than 100 people or some large sites with more than 5,000 people, DPMM 3.0 can be used within them all.
The model aims to address previously difficult to answer questions
- What does the concept of ‘digital plant’ mean in biopharmaceutical manufacturing?
- How can digital plant capabilities be defined, measured and transformed?
- How mature is my plant today?
- How does my plant compare against industry benchmarks?
- What is my transformation aspiration in the next three, five and 10 years?
- What are the prerequisites for moving up the maturity curve?
More related workstreams
Our workstreams focus on the areas with the greatest impact across the industry. Led by science, our members are problem-solving today’s sustainability issues. By working with the regulatory governance community, they are also creating future-ready outcomes for the industry.
To find out more about how BioPhorum can help your business, enter your details below and a member of our team will be in touch.