Our emissions program focuses on:
- Scope 1 and 2 emissions reduction
- Supporting the industry to reduce Scope 3 emissions and develop a harmonized approach to product carbon footprint of supplies in to the drug manufacturing process
Scope 3 emissions are the largest contributor to individual company Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions
The impacts of climate change are undeniable; all industries must do their part to reduce the collective impact on the environment. Many companies have committed to net-zero carbon goals for 2050. Scope 3 emissions are the largest contributor to individual company Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions There is no alignment on the data and tools being used to estimate and assess emissions or report GHG reductions across the supply chain to allow reporting to Scope 3 Science Based Targets (SBTs) and there is no long-term strategy for the reduction of Scope 3 emissions.
Many production spaces operate higher ACRs and higher room classification grade than the process requires, offering a big opportunity for optimization.
Harmonized value chain approach to emissions reduction
Net Zero Scope 3 Emissions by 2050 at the latest and reduced Scope 1 and 2 emissions. HVAC accounts for 60-80% of the Scope 1 and 2 emissions in biopharma manufacturing sites. Harmonized Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) data specific to the industry. Best practice approaches to reducing emissions in Scope 3 categories 1, 4/9 & 5/12, shared and aligned across the value chain to solve systemic challenges. Improved understanding of the methods and tools being used to calculate Scope 3 emissions and how organizations are contacting each other for information.
- Addressing data integrity and improvement activity in parallel to maximize benefit to the industry
- Reduction of emissions across the value chain through collaboration and transparency
- Best practices identified for the industry
- Resource efficiencies and administrative cost savings
- Optimized HVAC systems
- Achievement of site and corporate sustainability goals
More related workstreams
Our workstreams focus on the areas with the greatest impact across the industry. Led by science, our members are problem-solving today’s sustainability issues. By working with the regulatory governance community, they are also creating future-ready outcomes for the industry.
To find out more about how BioPhorum can help your business, enter your details below and a member of our team will be in touch.